Computers and the History of Art
CHArt holds an annual conference and publishes the proceedings. Each year's conference focuses on a different specialist interest area. Abstracts of papers from 1997-2012 are available from this website.
Conference proceedings from CHArt 1999 to the present are freely available online.
Abstracts are freely available by following the links below:
- Display: Consume: Respond - Digital Engagement with Art (CHArt 2012)
- The Challenge of Ubiquity in Digital Culture (CHArt 2011)
- Technology and ‘the death of Art History’ (CHArt 2010)
- Object and Identity in a Digital Age (CHArt 2009)
- Seeing... Vision and Perception in a Digital Culture (CHArt 2008)
- Digital Archive Fever (CHArt 2007)
- Fast Forward - Art history, curation and practice after media (CHArt 2006)
- CHArt 2005: Theory and Practice
- CHArt 2004: Futures Past: Twenty Years of Arts Computing
- CHArt 2003: Convergent Practices: New approaches to art and visual culture
- CHArt 2002: Digital Art History? Exploring Practice in a Network Society
- CHArt 2001: Digital Art History - A subject in Transition: opportunities and problems
- CHArt 2000: Moving the image: visual culture and the new millennium.
- CHArt 99: Digital Environments: Design, Heritage and Architecture
- CHArt98: Computing & Visual Culture: Representation & Interpretation - selected proceedings of this conference have been published as a book (Computing & Visual Culture).
- CHArt 97: Working Methods
Back to CHArt Home Page